What's the weather like?
2018 Reservations will begin on Tuesday, January 2nd at 8am either by phone or in person.
New park policies for this upcoming summer
- We require a $40 deposit for each site booked. $10 is a non-refundable reservation fee. $30 is refundable with a 14-day notice. One night reservations are paid in full at time of reservation.
- Reservable sites have a two week limit, you can stay longer, but a site move is required.
- Two night minimums are required when booking for 4th of July, Art Fair, Rendezvous Days, Labor Day and Radio Waves weekends. 3 night minimum is required for Fisherman's Picnic.
Wake up to . . .
fresh air, bird song and waves on the shore. Stroll the cobblestone beach, build a campfire, skip rocks in the harbor and enjoy the the cool lake breeze. Lake Superior's beauty is waiting for you at Grand Marais' municipal campground.
"Picturesque Grand Marais, Minnesota ...#5 of Top 10 Destinations"
Lake Superior Magazine
We have the perfect location for a campground - on a peninsula edged by the Harbor on one side, Lake Superior on the other and easy walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants, and the North House Folk School.
Here's what to expect
- 300 campsites [each with a pincic table and firebox]:
- 161 full-hookup sites with electric, water and sewer;
- 82 water and electric sites;
- 57 primitive campsites with lake views or private wooded sites; and,
- large group tenting campsites
- free use of the RV dump
- 4 clean bath houses with hot showers and flush toilets
- We are pet friendly
- A free WiFi hotspot is available at the office, within a 100ft radius
- a Lakeside Pavilion for picnics and groups
- 2 boat launches
- a fun playground, horshoe pit and softball fields
- Rec Hall with social room and small kitchen
- discounted greens fees at nearby Gunflint Hills Golf Course
- firewood, ice, clothing, camping supplies and RV chemicals available for sale at the park office
- Sweethearts' Bluff Nature Area with all-access Lake Loop Trail
- Gitchi-Gami Bike Trail borders the campground along Highway 61
View Larger Map